My Membership and Authorization doesn't work

Jul 13, 2010 at 1:03 AM

I had made the Administrator user and assigned the role of administrator to user. But it is never logon using that user name and password and edit, delete option is not shown. Kindly help

Jul 15, 2010 at 12:10 PM

I'm experiencing a related issue.   After entering my admin credentials and clicking the signin button, I'm hitting a breakpoint in the AccountController Logon Method (HttpPost).   Stepping through the code, the user is signed in correctly but the "return Redirect(returnUrl);" line is not redirecting the returnUrl which has a value of   "/Storemanager/edit/388".   It appears as if the authorization is not being persisted as I then hit a breakpoint at the top of the AccountController where the MembershipService reinstantiated.  With a newly instantiated MembershipService I am directed back to the logon page.    Any assistance is appreciated.

Jul 22, 2010 at 10:12 AM

So do I! Program step into the [HttpPost] Logon method and return to the url releted to "/StoreManager",and can't show the album list.

Jul 28, 2010 at 10:18 AM
Edited Jul 28, 2010 at 10:20 AM
I have checking this problem today and finally find that when you are using the configuration tool, you are actually working with Membership function. 1. Being sure that don't import the file named ASPNETDB.MEF in the source code that the MvcMusic Team provid(It contains their user information). 2. Click on the tool(another way:Project-> Configuration),and create a user on the site. 3.add an existing item named ASPNETDB.MEF into App_Data folder from your project's location. 4. click on the "Refresh" button upon the SolutionExplorer. After that,your Authorization configuration will function.Checking the web.config file,you can find membership tag,check it