Where's ShoppingCartRemoveViewModel?

Aug 12, 2010 at 10:10 PM
Edited Aug 12, 2010 at 10:19 PM

This tutorial is my first-ever experience with Visual Studio (2010 Ultimate), C#, and SQL Server (2005 Dev Ed.) LOTS to learn all at once, so I'm following the tutorial very carefully. On page 75, there is this code:

// Display the confirmation message
var results = new ShoppingCartRemoveViewModel {

What the...? How'd I miss that??

I didn't. In searching the PDF for "ShoppingCartRemoveViewModel", the FIRST (and LAST) instance of it is the line of code I cited above. No direction in the tutorial to add the ShoppingCartRemoveViewModel class or the code this class should contain.

Well, I'll download the project's source code because for sure the file will be there, and I'll graft the ShoppingCartRemoveViewModel.cs file into my project and that should get me back on track, but I sure hope the tutorial gets fixed so the next guy doesn't have to go on the same wild goose chase through the tutorial as I. Diversions like this are a real buzzkill.

Regards,

Chuck

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Sorry about that, Chuck. Yes, it's in the final source code, but it should of course be included in the tutorial text. I'm working on an update to the doc and will fix that.