Asp .Net Configuration site not working

Jan 14, 2011 at 3:19 PM

Having the following error when doing the instructions on page 108:

There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Unable to connect to SQL Server database.

Coordinator
Jan 14, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Can you let me know what the connection string section of your web.config looks like? I've seen this before when there was a connection string reference to the membership database. There shouldn't be one - ASP.NET automatically connects to that using connection info stored in the config file stored in the framework's machine.config (which you shouldn't modify).

Jan 17, 2011 at 12:47 PM

This is my connection string:

<add name="SBBSEntities" connectionString="metadata=res://*/Models.StoreDB.csdl|res://*/Models.StoreDB.ssdl|res://*/Models.StoreDB.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string=&quot;Data Source=SBBSDBDEV;Initial Catalog=SBBS;Integrated Security=True;MultipleActiveResultSets=True&quot;" providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" />

I am using a real database (SBBS) instead of the database file. 

Feb 16, 2011 at 4:41 PM

I'm having this same problem too, in the web.config file, the following is in the connectionStrings node:

<add name="MvcMusicStoreEntities" connectionString="metadata=res://*/Models.StoreDB.csdl|res://*/Models.StoreDB.ssdl|res://*/Models.StoreDB.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string='Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=&quot;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\DATA\MvcMusicStore.mdf&quot;;Integrated Security=True;Connect Timeout=30;User Instance=True;MultipleActiveResultSets=True'" providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" />

Mar 3, 2011 at 2:03 PM

I also have this problem. My connectionString is:

<add name="MusicStoreEntities" 
connectionString="data source=PC_HJB\SQLEXPRESS; 
Initial Catalog=MvcMusicStore;
Integrated Security=SSPI" 
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />