Store Front Links Broken in IE9

Jul 25, 2011 at 3:00 PM
Edited Jul 25, 2011 at 3:15 PM

I've noticed that the code in my _Layout.vbhtml doesn't seem to work when debugging in IE9.

The code that appears to be broken is:

<div id="header">
    <h1>ASP.NET MVC MUSIC STORE</h1>
    <ul id="navlist">
        <li class="first"><a href="/" id="current">Home</a></li>
        <li><a href="/Store/">Store</a></li>
    </ul>
</div>

Not only do I get a warning about "/Store/" not being found (which apparently "isn't an issue"), but when loading the pages into IE9, the links are inactive.

Starting debugging and the opening the web page in Chrome shows me a page with working links. What's up with that? Did I do something wrong?

Jul 25, 2011 at 3:25 PM

i have copy your  code into my project and it is OK.

did you copy the css file from the project?

 

 

Jul 25, 2011 at 3:33 PM

I did, but I didn't see a class named "first".

Also, I can (sort of) see how that might affect the first link, but how does css affect the second link in any way?

Further, the output appears correct in both browsers, it's just that IE9 apparently doesn't know that I have two links there, whereas Chrome does.

What could explain correct behavior in one browser and incorrect behavior in another?

(In case it's not obvious, I'm not an experienced web developer; I'm coming over from WinForms, so if I make a basic error, please be gentle with me.)

Thanks!

Aug 3, 2011 at 1:01 AM
Edited Aug 3, 2011 at 1:02 AM

I had the similar issue, and finally I figured it out is the "compatibility view" mode of IE causing the problem. It is a possibility that you have the same issue as I did.

You can enable/disable "Compatibility view" by clicking the "broken page" button Between your IE address bar and the refresh button. Hope this helps

Aug 18, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Hi  mbm29414,

I had similar problems until I 1) copied in the updated .CSS file from the unzipped MvcMusicStore-v3.0 zip file downloaded from this Do9wnload
location and go to the MvcMusicStore-Assets --> Content file and include the file as an existing file to your CONTENT project file.
2) Add an identically named 'class=" " value to the <div> and <ul> statements and everything will work.
Good luck . . .
TomJ.
Oct 6, 2011 at 1:51 AM

This seems to be a bug in IE9. If you hit the compatibility widget, the links work. The links work fine in FF/Chrome. -Rick Anderson Microsoft ASP.NET UE