Need help & resolution on the inclusion of Site.css file

Aug 17, 2011 at 5:37 AM

Hey guys, everything has worked up to this point in the tutorial. When I overlay the original, ( I DID SAVE A COPY J) and run the appl., the home-showcase, logo, & placeholder does not appear at the top of my screen? Well a good education comes if you know the use of “ID” & “Class” The ID gives a unique Identity to the html tags while Class allows you to pull information from the .css file configuration. When I applied the class= parm to the html tags, everything worked as expected.

I mentioned this because nothing in the tutorial explains what needs to happen before you get a successful display. Also a reminder explanation of the ”/Store/” statement and how it interacts with the current StoreController could clear up some questions about the error “File ‘/Store’ was not found” context message appears in the _Layout file.

Thanks for the insightful tutorial

Tom Johnson

Aug 28, 2011 at 6:45 AM

The same thing happened to me until I realized that I did not enclose the "ASP.NET MVC MUSIC STORE" text within  h1 tags.  Once I did that, the logo appeared just like the screen shot showed on page 31.  The .css file added the logo image so it would appear above the header text.

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Tom, I'm not clear on which class you needed to apply. As long as you set the ID for the header as shown in the sample code directly before "Updating the Style Sheet" then you shouldn't need to set any additional classes. The header styles are all set using the header ID, e.g. #header, #header h1, etc.