I also need to use this tutorial with SQL Server 2008.
Here are the exact steps I took to make it work.
1. Create a SQL Server 2008 database called MvcMusicStore.
2. Find the SQL script MvcMusicStore-Create in the MvcMusicStore-Assets\Data folder.
3. Edit the script and change all the table names to plural. For example, change Album to Albums, OrderDetail to OrderDetails, etc. (or you can rename the tables after they are created).
4. In SQL Server Management Studio, run the script.
5. In the project code, in global.asax change this line as follows:
6. In your web.config <connectionStrings> section, add a connection string to your new database as follow:
<add name="MusicStoreEntities" connectionString="Server=myserver;Database=MvcMusicStore;UID=myusername;Password=mypassword;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
That's what worked for me and should get you going. There are some other tweaks I had to make to get it to run properly. The jquery version was 1.4.4 in the code, but the version supplied in the scripts folder was jquery-1.5.1.js.... little things like that.
Hope that helps!