The entity types 'Artist' and 'OrderDetail' cannot share table 'OrderDetail' because they are not in the same type hierarchy or do not have a valid one to one foreign key relationship with matching primary keys between them.

Aug 18, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Hello,

I received the following error. I tried to insert FK in OrderDetail to resolve the issue but issue persists.. Any idea?

System.InvalidOperationException was unhandled by user code
  HResult=-2146233079
  Message=The entity types 'Artist' and 'OrderDetail' cannot share table 'OrderDetail' because they are not in the same type hierarchy or do not have a valid one to one foreign key relationship with matching primary keys between them.
  Source=EntityFramework
  StackTrace:
       at System.Data.Entity.ModelConfiguration.Configuration.Mapping.EntityMappingConfiguration.UpdateColumnNamesForTableSharing(DbDatabaseMapping databaseMapping, EdmEntityType entityType, DbTableMetadata toTable, DbEntityTypeMappingFragment fragment)
       at System.Data.Entity.ModelConfiguration.Configuration.Mapping.EntityMappingConfiguration.FindOrCreateTargetTable(DbDatabaseMapping databaseMapping, DbEntityTypeMappingFragment fragment, EdmEntityType entityType, DbTableMetadata fromTable, Boolean isIdentityTable, Boolean& isTableSharing)
       at System.Data.Entity.ModelConfiguration.Configuration.Mapping.EntityMappingConfiguration.Configure(DbDatabaseMapping databaseMapping, DbProviderManifest providerManifest, EdmEntityType entityType, DbEntityTypeMapping& entityTypeMapping, Boolean isMappingAnyInheritedProperty, Int32 configurationIndex, Int32 configurationCount)
       at System.Data.Entity.ModelConfiguration.Configuration.Types.EntityTypeConfiguration.ConfigureTablesAndConditions(DbEntityTypeMapping entityTypeMapping, DbDatabaseMapping databaseMapping, DbProviderManifest providerManifest)
       at System.Data.Entity.ModelConfiguration.Configuration.ModelConfiguration.ConfigureEntityTypes(DbDatabaseMapping databaseMapping, DbProviderManifest providerManifest)
       at System.Data.Entity.ModelConfiguration.Configuration.ModelConfiguration.Configure(DbDatabaseMapping databaseMapping, DbProviderManifest providerManifest)
       at System.Data.Entity.DbModelBuilder.Build(DbProviderManifest providerManifest, DbProviderInfo providerInfo)
       at System.Data.Entity.DbModelBuilder.Build(DbConnection providerConnection)
       at System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalContext.CreateModel(LazyInternalContext internalContext)
       at System.Data.Entity.Internal.RetryLazy`2.GetValue(TInput input)
       at System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalContext.InitializeContext()
       at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.Initialize()
       at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.GetEntitySetAndBaseTypeForType(Type entityType)
       at System.Data.Entity.Internal.Linq.InternalSet`1.Initialize()
       at System.Data.Entity.Internal.Linq.InternalSet`1.GetEnumerator()
       at System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.DbQuery`1.System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<TResult>.GetEnumerator()
       at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
       at MekoneCampus.Controllers.CampusController.Index() in F:\LinkedIn\MekoneCampus\MekoneCampus\Controllers\CampusController.cs:line 19
       at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
       at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12()
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
  InnerException:

Sep 13, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Can you provide some of your models? I suspect thats where the problem is given the error that you are getting. Album.cs, Artist.cs and OrderDetail.cs would be useful to see. As far as I can tell there is no commonality between Artist and OrderDetail so the error doesnt make a lot of sense so unless its picking up the link via the Album class then i cant see what might be wrong but as I say, your code would be useful here