This project is read-only.

Data Access

Aug 30, 2012 at 6:30 PM

After I get data access working, I'm trying to figure out something I seem to be missing.  I'm on page 48.  I've tried a number of things, and like others I struggled with getting it to work with full SQL Server (as opposed to CE).  I eventually went back to CE, which I really didn't want to do.  In any case...

By the time you get to page 48, you've created the Album & Genre models, but not the Artist model.  Looking ahead, the Artist model isn't created until page 54.  However, using the supplied database, it includes the Artist table.  Thus, when you attempt to run the project on page 48, you get an error because the database & code are "out of sync."  I've deduced that this is because the database contains an Artist table but the code does not yet contain a model for it. 

So, then I eliminated the database from app_data and let it get created automatically.  However, when I do this, there's obviously no data and I'm not getting gratification from seeing the coding changes in action as I move forward.  :-)

So, I'm trying to figure out where I went wrong and how I should have done things differently in order to do the tutorial in the manner that it was meant to be done.

Thanks for any input...