genres and artists are null - seeding does not seem to work

Sep 25, 2012 at 2:51 AM

hello -

I have followed the tutorial step by step, but these two are null - not reading from sampledata.cs for some reason.  these remain null despite initialization in global.asax.  can anyone offer a direction?

thank you

Harvey

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2012 at 3:24 AM
Can you delete the database (\App_Data\MvcMusicStore.sdf), set a breakpoint in sampledata.cs Seed method, and see if it's being called?

Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 7:52 PM
To: Jon Galloway
Subject: genres and artists are null - seeding does not seem to work [mvcmusicstore:396756]

hello -

I have followed the tutorial step by step, but these two are null - not reading from sampledata.cs for some reason. these remain null despite initialization in global.asax. can anyone offer a direction?

thank you

Harvey

Sep 25, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Hello jongalloway:

thank you for responding. Yes, I have tried that and it is indeed being executed, but no database. I have also put in the db from the completed MusicStore project and the Genres are not being read from there either. I have checked connection strings, etc on my proj against the completed MusicStore (which does work) and I cannot find any differences at all.

any other suggestions?

thanks
Harvey

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 11:24 PM, jongalloway <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Can you delete the database (\App_Data\MvcMusicStore.sdf), set a breakpoint in sampledata.cs Seed method, and see if it's being called?

Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 7:52 PM
To: Jon Galloway
Subject: genres and artists are null - seeding does not seem to work [mvcmusicstore:396756]

hello -

I have followed the tutorial step by step, but these two are null - not reading from sampledata.cs for some reason. these remain null despite initialization in global.asax. can anyone offer a direction?

thank you

Harvey

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mvcmusicstore@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mvcmusicstore@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Oct 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I have same problem with you, but i fixed it, My application could read data from sampleData.cs.

You have to install SQL Server Compact Edition from install web component, then use connection string in the MvcMusicStore tutorial.

After that, you can run your application smoothly.

Regards!

Oct 12, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Thank you very much.

I did install CE and I also used the identical conn string and nothing would work. I eventually just copied the complete db from the completed MusicStore app and used it instead.

regards
Harvey

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM, hungtv01116 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I have same problem with you, but i fixed it, My application could read data from sampleData.cs.

You have to install SQL Server Compact Edition from install web component, then use connection string in the MvcMusicStore tutorial.

After that, you can run your application smoothly.

Regards!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mvcmusicstore@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mvcmusicstore@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com