In an effort to work through a bit of difficulty I'm having with getting the MvcMusicStore tutorial at the account login step (7) to work with MVC 4, I decided to try to replicate process of creating account logins on a completely new empty project.
I created two brand new MVC 4 Internet Applications - one from an 'Empty' template and another from an 'Internet Application' template.
I would like to copy the components that allow account Login into the empty template application from the internet application template application (steps from the MvcMusicStore tutorial).
The components I am copying into my empty template application are the following.
1. Controllers / AccountController - Copy “AccountController.cs” into the “Controllers” directory.
2. Filters / ‘InitializeSimpleMembershipAttribute.cs’ - Create a ‘Filters’ directory at the root of project and copy ‘InitializeSimpleMembershipAttribute.cs’ into it.
3. Models / AccountModels - Copy “AccountModels” into the “Models” directory.
4. Views / Account / ... - Create an “Account” directory inside the “Views” directory and copy all eight views into it.
5. App_Start/AppConfig.cs - Create AppConfig.cs from code at
re: Jon Galloway
And the components I am installing are as follows...
6. Add References through ASP.net and NuGet (Right-click on References / Add Reference [option] / .Net [tab])
- System.Transactions (.dll)
7. Right-click on References / Manage NuGet Packages [option] / PM > install-package
Any direction or input appreciated.