Chapter 4: Updating the Store Index to query the database

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Hello I have been following this exellent tutorial and I am now stuck. There are similar threads on chapter 4 within the last few weeks but I decided to start a new thread as it seems that each person has a different Problem. I did a little research and I found some solutions on the one error I am getting:

"Unable to find the Requested .Net Framework Data Provider . It May not be Installed".

Here is what I found so far.
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vseditor/thread/7b4f353b-77fd-427c-976b-5968abc88c13/

The following line of code seems to be the culprit.

Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

Source Error:

Line 16: public ActionResult Index()
Line 17: {
Line 18: var genres = storeDB.Genres.ToList();

If you have found a workaround or know of the fundamental or underlying cuase of this errror I would greatly appreciate your help. I can send my entire code if necessary. I am using VS 2010 and .NET Version 4. Thank you for your valuable time.