error regarding /Store/

Sep 25, 2010 at 6:56 PM

I keep getting an error: 

Warning    1    File '/store/' was not found.    c:\users\dee\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\MvcMusicStore\MvcMusicStore\Views\Shared\Site.Master    19    30    MvcMusicStore

I am using the tutorial.  I created a Store directory in the Views hoping this would fix the problem and it did not.

I even downloaded the code and get the same message.

Thank you

LadyDee

Coordinator
Sep 26, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Is there a way you can zip your project and upload it so I can take a look? You could upload to somewhere like http://drop.io/ and I can debug to see what's not working.

- Jon

Sep 26, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Just dropped

MvcMusicStore.rar file

LadyDee

Coordinator
Sep 26, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Is there a url I can download from?

Sep 26, 2010 at 10:20 PM

No, I am testing this on my personal computer first.  I would like to use it for a web site, just want to make sure I know what I am doing first.

LadyDee

Sep 30, 2010 at 4:36 PM

My two cents...I have been getting this warning in the VS2010 IDE, but the code has been always compiling and executing correctly.

Coordinator
Oct 1, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Sorry, I misunderstood the question earlier. The warning is not an error, it's just an warning caused when VS checks the links on the page and can't tell if "/Store/" is a valid link. We could use an Html.ActionLink() call to generate the link if needed, which would prevent the warning, but wanted to keep things simple as well as show that it's possible to put in your own links if you want.

Oct 1, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Thank you to both of you, now I understand that this is not a error.  I was worried, so far everything is working as stated except for when I change the name to MusicStoreEntires, this is after I add the database and I am in the StoreDB.Designer.cs  It seems something does not work after that. 

LadyDee

Jun 12, 2011 at 6:44 PM
Edited Jun 12, 2011 at 6:47 PM

I am getting basically the same message in the warning list:    1    File '/store/' was not found.  _layout.cshtml line 16 column 26  what is this for?  I am using the mvc3 version.

Jun 12, 2011 at 7:19 PM
Edited Jun 12, 2011 at 7:24 PM

I thought I figured out what was wrong.  The line in the _layout.cshtml needs something to fix the href.  I though it was a \ at the beginning, it made the warning green underline go away, but then it won't work.

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2011 at 10:47 PM

@dogfacemarc See my answer from Sep 30 above. This warning means that Visual Studio can't verify that the URL is valid, so it's warning you that you need to make sure it's correct. The relative URL is correct, so you can either ignore the warning. If that doesn't sit well with you, you can use Html.ActionLink to generate the URL, which will make the warning go away. You can read more about Html.ActionLink on MSDN: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd493018.aspx