MVC Music Store Tutorial Version 1.0

Dec 22, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Hi,

Is anyone can instruct me how to get the logo on page 27 (Ver. 1.0 Tutorial documentation) screen shot? I follow exactly the procedures as the tutorial documentation. What I got was only the word of "ASP.NET MVC MUSIC STORE" like this:

ASP.NET MVC MUSIC STORE

. Home

. Store

This is the Home Page

Am I doing anything wrong or the documentation is wrong? Thanks.

Coordinator
Dec 22, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Some things to check:

1. Did you include the stylesheet and images as shown in the picture on page 22?
  2. Is your link to the stylesheet (Site.css) correct, as shown in the code block at the top of page 22?
  3. Is your /Home/Index.aspx view using the Master Page? Check that the top line of that file matches the code block shown on page 26.
Dec 23, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Site.Master

<head runat="server">
    <link href="/Content/Site.css" rel="Stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <title><asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="TitleContent" runat="server" /></title>
</head>

Index.aspx

@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/Views/Shared/Site.Master" Inherits="System.Web.Mvc.ViewPage" %> <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="TitleContent" runat="server"> Home </asp:Content> <asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent" runat="server"> <h2>This is the Home Page</h2> </asp:Content>

<% 

It seems like the Site.css file can not be located. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2010 at 3:59 AM

Can you verify that your /Content directory looks the same as the screenshot on page 22? Can you upload or link to a screenshot of your solution folder?

Dec 23, 2010 at 5:42 PM

I copied the Site.css from the MvcMusicStore-Completed directory and switch to Google Chrome (instead of IE). It works right now. I don't know which one contribute to the result. I am so glad that I can continue the tutorial. Thank you very much for the help.

Dec 23, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Hi,

Anyone can tell me why:

(1) I got stuck again. When I tried to run up to tutorial page 64 (with http://localhost:1843/StoreManager), the system error with the NULL value in the "foreach (var item in Model)". When did this "Model" value get assigned?

(2) At tutorial page 66, the compiler has error "error CS0721: 'MvcMusicStore.Helpers.HtmlHelpers': static types cannot be used as parameters". Any idea about this. Thank you in advance for the help.

Dec 30, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Hi,

I can go through to page 96 of the tutorial document without problem.

In page 96, how do I add the <Cancel> selection in case of user wants to cancel out of the Deletion mode? Thanks for the help.

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Although an old thread, I had the same problem today using (IE9 64 bit, Music Store v 3.0) and finding a solution, I thought I'd share...

You need to clear IE's cache...

On IE9 menu, Tools / Internet options / Browsing history / Delete...

I had several items checked when I hit the Delete button, but I suspect it is the "Temoprary Internet file" is the ticket.

Good luck.

Dec 23, 2011 at 7:38 PM

deleting just the "Temporary Internet Files" worked