Creating Music Store Project in MVC4

May 18, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Best Wishes for the Music Store Community!

Somehow I  got  the Mvc3 and Mvc2 un-installed under the instructions of VS10 + MVC  frame work. Now I have only MVC4 installed on my computer. I tried to re-install MVC3  but failed in my repeated efforts. Now  making,  good of the bad bargain I intend to practice  the Music Store project on MVC4  for sake of learning. I was encouraged by the idea that Music  Project starts with an empty MVC Template.

I am not a developer but still at a pre-developer stage. But I know:

1. 1.       How to add pages through  Layou.cshtml File
  2. 2.       Add action methods to the Home Controller
  3. 3.       Create corresponding views.

I would like to seek guidance from community.

Regards to all.

Coordinator
May 18, 2012 at 5:20 PM

First, have you tried installing ASP.NET MVC 3 using Web Platform Installer? http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/install.aspx?appid=VWDorVS2010SP1Pack

If you're building with ASP.NET MVC 4, I would recommend reading the release notes. There are sections on upgrading a project from ASP.NET MVC 3 to ASP.NET MVC 4 as well as breaking changes.

Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 6:41 AM
To: Jon Galloway
Subject: Creating Music Store Project in MVC4 [mvcmusicstore:356286]

Best Wishes for the Music Store Community!

Somehow I got the Mvc3 and Mvc2 un-installed under the instructions of VS10 + MVC frame work. Now I have only MVC4 installed on my computer. I tried to re-install MVC3 but failed in my repeated efforts. Now making, good of the bad bargain I intend to practice the Music Store project on MVC4 for sake of learning. I was encouraged by the idea that Music Project starts with an empty MVC Template.

I am not a developer but still at a pre-developer stage. But I know:

1. 1. How to add pages through Layou.cshtml File
  2. 2. Add action methods to the Home Controller
  3. 3. Create corresponding views.

I would like to seek guidance from community.

Regards to all.

May 18, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Thank you Jongalloway, for a quick reply!

I am not very much missing MVC3. I prefer MVC4 to MVC3. After all Mvc4 is more Advanced than Mvc3.  But I really  appreciate Mvc Music Tutorial. I have downloaded the pdf document  and gone through it. 

I have an idea to understand MVC Music Store through 6 Controllers used in the MVC Music Store project by  answering  following two questions  regarding  each controller:

1. Why a particular\each  Controller  was Required  at a particular stage ?

2. How these Requirements   were  fulfilled? What actions were taken for fulfilling these requirements?

Sl.

No          Name of Controller        

1              Home Controller                             

2              Store Controller                               

3              Store Manager Controller                           

4              Account Controller                         

5              Shopping Cart Controller                             

6              Check Out Controller

I have read the Music Store pdf document but this is repetitive, cumbersome and meant only for Developers. But I am not a developer but rather  at a pre-developer stage. I need answers of two questions regarding each of the 6 controllers in a tabular format. I tried to paste a table with four columns and seven rows here. But the table could not be pasted here.

Regards,

Thanking in anticipation.