ASP configuration site is not working

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Edited Jul 25, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I followed all the steps given in the tutorial..

but when i was doing part -7,click on ASP.NET configuration the ASP configuration site is not working..

it is giving error as

There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store.The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Unable to connect to SQL Server database. 

and my connection string is

<connectionStrings>    <add name="MusicStoreEntities"     connectionString="Data Source=|DataDirectory|MvcMusicStore.sdf"     providerName="System.Data.SqlServerCe.4.0"/>  </connectionStrings>  

Please Help me out...

Aug 27, 2014 at 2:01 AM
I realize this is an old thread, but did you by chance ever find a solution to this problem? I'm having the same problem myself now.
Nov 10, 2014 at 11:20 AM
i am also suffering with this same situation .if any one knows please clarify us ......
Dec 9, 2014 at 2:50 AM
Here's how you fix this error:
using the nuget console:
PM> Install-Package EntityFramework.SqlServerCompact
This will get the references you're missing, after which you should be all set!
May 8, 2015 at 7:25 AM
This is not working for me. I am getting below message,though SQL server compact is installed on my machine.Please advise

PM> Install-Package EntityFramework.SqlServerCompact
Install-Package : There was an error while processing the request. Please verify that 'http://packages.nuget.org/v1/FeedService.svc/' is a valid feed.
At line:1 char:1
  • Install-Package EntityFramework.SqlServerCompact
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], InvalidOperationException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.InstallPackageCommand